- Live from the Road
- Australia 23 November: Canberra
- Australia 22 November: Canberra
- Australia 21 November: Canberra
- Australia 20 November: Queanbeyan - Canberra
- Australia 19 November: Cooma - Queanbeyan
- Australia 18 November: Cann River - Cooma
- Australia 17 November: Lakes Entrance - Cann River
- Australia 16 November: Hollands Landing - Lakes Entrance
- Australia 15 November: Traralgon - Hollands Landing
- Australia 14 November: Korumburra - Traralgon
- Australia 13 November: Sorrento - Korumburra
- Australia 12 November: Geelong - Sorento
- Australia 11 November: Melbourne - Geelong
- Australia 10 November: Melbourne
- Australia 9 November: Launceston
- Australia 8 November: Scottsdale - Launceston
- Australia 7 November: Bicheno - Scottsdale
- Australia 6 November: Sorell - Bicheno
- Australia 5 November: Hobart - Sorell
- The Event
- Itinerary 2013
- World-Harmony-Run Song
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
Australia 14 November: Korumburra - Traralgon
The highlight of the day was an invition for the World Harmony Run to attend the opening ceremony of the Mornington Peninsula Interfaith Festival in Mornington.
The team was bolstered with additional runners from Melbourne, including Kishore Cunningham, who gave an opening address on the ideals of the World Harmony Run which was interwoven with the Festival's theme of compassion.
It was extremely inspiring to see so many representatives from different faiths coming together in a celebration of peace and harmony.
The runners presented the torch to all the delegates of 10 different faiths in attendance and listened attentively to their presentations for the need for unity between people of all faiths across the globe.
There were stunning Buddhist mandalas.
The team members were also entertained by many excellent cultural and dance performances, as well as having the opportunity to browse the numerous stalls and exhibitions in the adjoining rooms.
Apaguha takes a moment of silence before he runs 33km to celebrate his birthday tomorrow.
We were soon back on road and were so happy to be greeted by a few rays of sun and no rain. Kieren (pictured above), is a recent addition to the team since Geelong, and has been showing fine form on the road. A naturally gifted athlete, we expect Kieren to be in great running shape by the time we reach Canberra.
On the road to Mirraboo North at the very top of the Strzelecki Ranges we met with Luke, a reporter from the Leongatha Times, who filed a story on the Run from the roadside.
Special thanks to Craig Caddy for providing fantastic accommodation for the entire team at the Best Western Aspen Motor Inn in Sale. This is the second time Craig has looked after the World Harmony Run Team and we are most grateful for his hospitality and support.
After settling in for the evening, our guest runner from the Czech Republic and ace photographer, Apaguha, got straight down to business uploading images for the next daily web report.
Distance: 79 km
Prabuddha Nicol (Australia), Veeraja Uppal (Australia), Apaguha Vesely (Czech Republic), Kallola Brown (New Zealand), Uddyogini Hall (Australia), Varna Schultz (Germany), Urdhacheta Yap (Singapore), Hastakamala Diaz (Australia), Kieren Pearson (Australia), Saranyu Pearson (Australia), Kishore Cunningham (Australia)
Gallery: See more images!
< Australia 13 November||
Australia 15 November >|