- Live from the Road
- Australia 23 November: Canberra
- Australia 22 November: Canberra
- Australia 21 November: Canberra
- Australia 20 November: Queanbeyan - Canberra
- Australia 19 November: Cooma - Queanbeyan
- Australia 18 November: Cann River - Cooma
- Australia 17 November: Lakes Entrance - Cann River
- Australia 16 November: Hollands Landing - Lakes Entrance
- Australia 15 November: Traralgon - Hollands Landing
- Australia 14 November: Korumburra - Traralgon
- Australia 13 November: Sorrento - Korumburra
- Australia 12 November: Geelong - Sorento
- Australia 11 November: Melbourne - Geelong
- Australia 10 November: Melbourne
- Australia 9 November: Launceston
- Australia 8 November: Scottsdale - Launceston
- Australia 7 November: Bicheno - Scottsdale
- Australia 6 November: Sorell - Bicheno
- Australia 5 November: Hobart - Sorell
- The Event
- Itinerary 2013
- World-Harmony-Run Song
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
Australia 15 November: Traralgon - Hollands Landing
Our morning started with a short run to Stockdale Road Primary school in the heart of Traralgon.
Amber from the Latrobe Valley Express was present at the school to file a story of the World Harmony Run's journey through Australia.
The students enthusiastically embraced the ideals of the Run, listening and participating with rapt attention.
Thanks to Satyakarma Elliott from Melbourne (pictured above) who has co-ordinated the Run through most of regional Victoria, visiting schools and mayors in the weeks before the Run.
The students were all eager to hold and parade the torch around their school grounds.
But all too soon it was time to go and were back on the road. Farewell runners, see you again in 2 years time.
We are constanly amazed how much the vegetation along the road changes as we enter into new regions.
Enroute to our next school we made a short trip to Lake Glenmaggie, which has many distinctive and large trees growing in the water all along the shoreline. Unfortunately we were unable to find any ice-cream here, the standard dietry requirement of all runners on the Run.
By early afternoon the team had reached the town of Maffra, nestled in the heart of the country's dairy belt. Here we were finally able to celebrate Apaguha's 33rd birthday with chocolate ice-creams all round, at the old bandstand in Maffra's main street.
It was then a short run up the street to Maffra Primary School where the team was greeted by the school captains at the front gate.
Before us was a sea of golden shirts and smiling faces.
There were stickers galore posted on all objects movable and immovable.
The school was replete with stuffed toys and teddy bears who also participated in the merriment.
It was then a brisk 40km run down the road to Hollands Landing on the Gippsland Lakes for some well-earned rest.
From the jetty near our cabins we watched the sunset on another day of the World Harmony Run.
Distance: 105 km
Prabuddha Nicol (Australia), Veeraja Uppal (Australia), Apaguha Vesely (Czech Republic), Kallola Brown (New Zealand), Uddyogini Hall (Australia), Varna Schultz (Germany), Urdhacheta Yap (Singapore), Hastakamala Diaz (Australia), Kieren Tobin (Australia), Saranyu Pearson (Australia)
Gallery: See more images!
< Australia 14 November||
Australia 16 November >|