- Live from the Road
- Australia 23 November: Canberra
- Australia 22 November: Canberra
- Australia 21 November: Canberra
- Australia 20 November: Queanbeyan - Canberra
- Australia 19 November: Cooma - Queanbeyan
- Australia 18 November: Cann River - Cooma
- Australia 17 November: Lakes Entrance - Cann River
- Australia 16 November: Hollands Landing - Lakes Entrance
- Australia 15 November: Traralgon - Hollands Landing
- Australia 14 November: Korumburra - Traralgon
- Australia 13 November: Sorrento - Korumburra
- Australia 12 November: Geelong - Sorento
- Australia 11 November: Melbourne - Geelong
- Australia 10 November: Melbourne
- Australia 9 November: Launceston
- Australia 8 November: Scottsdale - Launceston
- Australia 7 November: Bicheno - Scottsdale
- Australia 6 November: Sorell - Bicheno
- Australia 5 November: Hobart - Sorell
- The Event
- Itinerary 2013
- World-Harmony-Run Song
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
Australia 19 November: Cooma - Queanbeyan
Cooma is beautiful town located in the middle of the Monaro Plains just south of Canberra. The park in the centre of town displays the flags of all the world's nations; the perfect place for a photo shoot of our international team, with torch aloft.
Our first stop for the day was at Cooma Public School, who perfectly embody their inspiring motto 'Forever Forward'.
The students were very eager with their questions to the team, and all proudly passed the torch amongst themselves.
Cooma Public School is one of the best schools we have visited on the Run, and is a credit to all the staff and students who, together, have created a vibrant and caring community atmosphere within the school grounds.
The wide-open plains did not stop this runner from kicking up his heels.
We are often stopped on the side of the road by individuals and families keen to learn more of our activities and, of course, to hold the torch. This lovely family was no exception.
Into the hamlet town of Bredbo where the 20 students of Bredbo Public School soulfully and enthusiatically participated in all aspects of the Run.
Anubha, was on the World Harmony Run Team that visited this very school in 2008 during our circuit of the Australian Continent. To her thrill many of the students remembered her, our team, and even some of the words to our song!
Everyone got right into the action.
Our next destination was Michelago, however it looks like Satyakarma will be waiting a long, long time for the next train – might be quicker to run.
We ran into Michelago Public School and I have to say the students here were FANTASTIC! Often we play a joke on the students and say that they must sing a song if they can't guess the country of origin of all our team members. Well, to our great suprise and joy, even after correctly picking all the nationalities, they took up the challenge and sang with gusto and joy, not one but two verses of the Australian National Anthem.
After a moment of reflection with the students we then headed outside for a run around the school grounds.
But all too soon we were back on the road, except for Kieren, who, after a week of running was in a real tangle.
Our generous hosts for the evening in Queanbeyan were Adam, Bree and Holly at the Grand Manor Motor Inn, who looked after our every need. We are all very grateful for your support.
Distance: 109 km
Prabuddha Nicol (Australia), Veeraja Uppal (Australia), Apaguha Vesely (Czech Republic), Kallola Brown (New Zealand), Uddyogini Hall (Australia), Varna Schultz (Germany), Urdhacheta Yap (Singapore), Hastakamala Diaz (Australia), Kieren Tobin (Australia), Chandrakanta Crull (USA), Anubha Baird (Australia)
Gallery: See more images!
< Australia 18 November||
Australia 20 November >|