- Live from the Road
- Australia 23 November: Canberra
- Australia 22 November: Canberra
- Australia 21 November: Canberra
- Australia 20 November: Queanbeyan - Canberra
- Australia 19 November: Cooma - Queanbeyan
- Australia 18 November: Cann River - Cooma
- Australia 17 November: Lakes Entrance - Cann River
- Australia 16 November: Hollands Landing - Lakes Entrance
- Australia 15 November: Traralgon - Hollands Landing
- Australia 14 November: Korumburra - Traralgon
- Australia 13 November: Sorrento - Korumburra
- Australia 12 November: Geelong - Sorento
- Australia 11 November: Melbourne - Geelong
- Australia 10 November: Melbourne
- Australia 9 November: Launceston
- Australia 8 November: Scottsdale - Launceston
- Australia 7 November: Bicheno - Scottsdale
- Australia 6 November: Sorell - Bicheno
- Australia 5 November: Hobart - Sorell
- The Event
- Itinerary 2013
- World-Harmony-Run Song
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
Australia 23 November: Canberra
Our final day of the World Harmony Run in Australia took us along the shores of Lake Burley Griffin.
Along the way we had an impromptu meeting with students from Horsham West High School in Western Victoria who were all visiting Canberra for the week. They invited us to come and visit their school on our next Run in 2012.
A quick study of the map just to make sure we get to the right place at the right time.
A quick drink.
And a final pat to a stray kangaroo.
I wish for....
As team leader for the Run today, Amalendu's main job was to keep the team in good spirits, which naturally meant icecream all round.
Steve Rattenbury, Speaker of the House in the ACT Legislative Assembly, joined us in Civic for the final 4km Run to Parliament House.
Uniting the world – many flags, one flame.
The team had a quick stop at the Old Parliament House that is situated in front of the new parliament building.
Joined by Lachlan Lewis (right), an accomplished age-group-ranked triathlete, we together concluded the final steps to the closing ceremony. Watch the video:
We are most grateful to The Hon. Rob Oakeshott MP and Senator Garry Humphries for receiving us on the lawns of Parliament House and for their kind words of encouragement.
A classic photo of a united Germany in Australia. Germany's Ambassador to Australia Dr. Michael Witter with World Harmony Runner Varna Schulz from Berlin.
Many thanks to the students from Telopea High School for providing music and a most inspiring rendition of the World Harmony Run Song.
We were very glad to meet with the parents of the Executive Director of the World Harmony Run Salil Wilson.
That's it! This is the finish of the New Zealand and Australian World Harmony Run 2010!
Thanks to everyone who participated and supported us throughout our journey from Christchurch to Canberra. See you all again in 2012!
Distance: 13 km
Prabuddha Nicol (Australia), Veeraja Uppal (Australia), Apaguha Vesely (Czech Republic), Kallola Brown (New Zealand), Uddyogini Hall (Australia), Varna Schultz (Germany), Urdhacheta Yap (Singapore), Hastakamala Diaz (Australia), Kieren Tobin (Australia), Chandrakanta Crull (USA), Anubha Baird (Australia)
Gallery: See more images!
< Australia 22 November|| |