- Live From The Road
- Western Route
- Canada 8 May : Cochrane – Calgary
- Canada 7 May : Longview – Cochrane
- Canada 6 May : Lundbreck – Longview
- Canada 5 May : Fernie Alpine Resort (Rocky Mountain)
- Canada 4 May : Fernie – Pincher Creek
- Canada 3 May : Kimberley - Fernie
- Canada 2 May : Creston - Kimberley
- Canada 1 May : Rossland – Creston
- Canada 30 April : Nelson – Rossland
- Canada 29 April : Nelson
- Canada 28 April : Road trip!
- Canada 27 April : Vancouver
- Canada 26 April : Squamish, Vancouver
- Canada 25 April : White Rock and the Peace Arch Park
- Canada 24 April : Galiano Island
- Canada 23 April : Victoria
- Canada 22 April : Ladysmith - Victoria
- Canada 21 April : Port Alberni - Ladysmith
- Canada 20 April: Tofino - Port Alberni
- Canada 19 April: Getting ready!
- Eastern Route
- Off Route
- Western Route
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Team 2012
- Route for 2012
Canada 1 May : Rossland – Creston
This morning we were greeted by a breathtaking view of snow crowned mountains that we could see form our hotel window. We were very grateful to the Casa Alpina Lodge in Rossland for letting us spend a night in this nice resort and providing us with a nice breakfast. We have asked the owner of the lodge and his wife to make a wish for a World Harmony.
Rossland reminds me of Switzerland, even though Varunavi (who lives in Switzerland) might have something else to say. Later on I found out that Rossland is called Canada's Alpine City.
Today our amazing boy runners had to cover 65 km between four of them!
We had a meeting with the mayor Greg E.Grandstrom at the City Hall.
While running, we met some nice locals who were interested about the Run.
At Glenmerry Elementary school in Trail we were welcomed by three hundred exited jumping smiling screaming children.
We presented the principal of the school with a Certificate of appreciation.
We had a meeting with the councilor in Fruitvale.
Running, running, running....into Salmo (not salmon).
Salmo is a small mining town. Here we met with the councilor at the Town Hall.
Afterwards, in just a few hours we ran from a sunny valley to snow covered mountains!
Snowy fairytale, Narnia or still in Canada?
It looked like we might meet Santa Claus!
Sarvagata was warned by a local authority of a possibility of avalanche. The day after we have heard that the road through the mountain was closed, because there was an avalanche. And there was a long wait for the ferry that was taking the cars around the mountain instead. Thank you mountain for letting us to pass by!
After the snow, we deserved the sun.
Our superb photographer!
This photograph is the proof that our photographer, who also edits and picks the pictures for the website, went to sleep at 3am last night! (We're not too sure why he selected this one!)
Spectacular natural scenery.
Sarvagata loves running!
Welcome to Creston.
The mayor himself, Ron Toyota, ran some distance with the Harmony Torch.
And we had a reception at the City Hall.
More wishes for World Harmony!
With our escort.
Finally we arrived to the Valley View Motel where they provided us with a beautiful cottage-like accommodation.
We felt right at home with their amazing rooms and generous hospitality.
Video Mesage from Davidson Hepburn, President (2009 - 2011) of the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for 25th Anniversary of the World Harmony Run and a vision for the decade: "Toward a Oneness-World". With FRENCH subtitles
Full Text of the 25th annversary message and link to 25 language informal Translations: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/25
- Youtube video on African experience which illustrates IYY slogan "Our Year Our Voice" International Year of Youth - Zambia World Harmony. They surprisingly mention Presidents and UN Secretary-General in a unique way!
Brahmata Michael (Canada), Daniel Stewart (Canada), Yatkara Aleksapolskyy (Ukraine), Sarvagata Ukrainskyi (Ukraine), Dimitriy Dudko (Ukraine), Varunavi (Slovakia), Amburoha (Ukraine), Gautami (Slovakia), Manoshri (Slovakia)
< Canada 30 April ||
Canada 2 May >|