- Live From The Road
- Events in 2005
- St. Thomas, 17-18 June: Acting Governor holds torch
- St. Lucia, 16 June: Acting Prime Minister receives Torch
- Dominica, 14 June: Thousands of Children take part
- Grenada, 15 June: Three Ministers run with the torch
- Prime Minister of Antigua & Barbuda holds Torch
- Antigua and Barbuda, 12 June
- St. Kitts, 11 June: Braving the Storm
- Antigua, 10 June: Beenie Man holds the torch
- Jamaica, 10 June: Departure and...Tropical Storm Arlene!
- Jamaica, 9 June: Caribbean Run Launched!
- Jamaica, 8 June: Preparation
Prime Minister of Antigua & Barbuda holds Torch
This morning we had the great opportunity to meet with the Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda, The Honorable Mr. Baldwin Spencer. He was an extremely polite and humble man, choosing to live in the same neighborhood where he grew up.
We are very grateful to take the time to meet with us and to express his support for the Run. The meeting was arranged by Hon. Harold Lovell, the Minister of Tourism.
We then were invited to the Foundation Mixed School in St. Johns where we met with a class of kids who ran with torch and even sang the World Harmony Run song.
Principal Yvette E.G. Francis was a gracious host and was nice enough to allow the visit even though the kids were all in exams. Ms. Francis is also the 2nd Secretary of the Antigua & Barbuda Olympic Committee.
The torch was hot property, as Sakshat soon found out.
Sir Vivian Richards received us in his office -- he is the Chairman of the Sports Tourism Alliance. He was gracious with his time and we held an interview in his office, talking about his legendary cricket career as the "Master Blaster" as well as thoughts about sports and inspiration.
A huge thanks goes out to Mr. Fitzroy Bran, the "master producer" in Antigua who put so many of our meetings together.
We also are extremely grateful to Ian "Magic" Hughes for practically putting together all our events. His name precedes him on the island and we look forward to keeing in touch with him and Fitzroy for our next visit. We can't thank them enough.
Shoy -- a great running soul with great Rastafarian roadside food. He is keen to run the next World Harmony Run "race.
Beautiful scenery from Shirley's Heights viewpoint. It was very, very tough to leave this beautiful place.
< Antigua and Barbuda, 12 June||
Grenada, 15 June >|