- Live from the Road
- England 2 October: Ramsgate - Brugge
- England 1 October: Canterbury - Ramsgate
- England 29 September: London - Canterbury
- England 28 September: London
- England 27 September: Stokenchurch - London
- England 26 September: Oxford - Stokenchurch
- England 25 September: Bath - Oxford
- England 24 September: Severn Bridge - Bath
- Wales 23 September: Swansea local event
- Wales 22 September: Swansea - Severn Bridge
- Wales 21 September: Carmarthen - Swansea
- Wales 20 September: Fishguard - Carmarthen
- Scotland 14 September: Glasgow
- Scotland 13 September: Edinburgh - Glasgow
- Scotland 12 September: Edinburgh
- Scotland 11 September: Coldingham - Edinburgh
- England 10 September: Newcastle - Coldingham
- Schools And Kids
- Torch-Bearer Award
- World-Harmony-Run Song
England 26 September: Oxford - Stokenchurch
Wednesday saw the World Harmony Run visit Oxford. The Run was privileged to be joined by several Oxford schools, which took an active part in the Run through Oxford. After heavy showers the evening before, we were fortunate to have a fine day for the relay run around Oxford.
The day began at SS Mary and John's school, where the children enthusiastically took part in holding the torch and guessing the countries of the runners.
After a brief refreshment, the Harmony Team left the school and was joined by several children from St Mary's. They ran across Oxford to the next school at East Oxford in Cowley.
East Oxford school is very rich in multicultural diversity and the children were quite at home as the runners spoke in their native European languages. Some new students from Poland had joined the school that very same day, and were particularly happy to hear our runner Jarek Werner speak in Polish and explain what the Harmony Run was all about.
Joined by more enthusiastic runners from East Oxford school, the Run continued up Cowley Road to St Christopher's in Temple Cowley.
Offering great views of the city, the Harmony Team enjoyed a well-deserved lunch before meeting the assembled school for a brief presentation.
The final leg of the run was down through Florence Park to the last school, Lark Rise Primary school.
After a 30-minute presentation the children joined the Harmony team for several laps of their school grounds. The children had made special harmony torches for the occasion and had learnt the Harmony song.
Many thanks to the Oxford coordinator, Piyasi Morris, who organised the day. Also thanks to the teachers who were accommodating to the World Harmony Run and received us at short notice. The runners were also very grateful for the kindness of the Members of the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team who were able to house and offer food to the runners for Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
The Harmony Team looks forward to returning to Oxford in the near future.
Ondrej Vesely, Rosta Vagner, Katka Prusova, Ivana Nemcova (Czech Republic), Balavan Thomas, (England) Abichal Watkins (Wales), Jarek Werner (Poland), Terezia Hammel (Hungary) Ieva Kurzemniece and Anette Klavina (Latvia), Annemarie Beumer (Netherlands), Salil Wilson (Australia)
Gallery: See more images!
< England 25 September||
England 27 September >|