- Live from the Road
- Great Britain 9 December: St. Austell
- Great Britain 2 July: Penzance - Land's End
- Great Britain 1 July: Truro - Penzance
- Great Britain 30 June: Kingsbridge - Truro
- Great Britain 29 June: Exeter - Plymouth
- Great Britain 28 June: Bristol - Exeter
- Great Britain 27 June: Cardiff - Bristol
- Great Britain 26 June: Hereford - Bristol
- Great Britain 25 June: Wem - Hereford
- Great Britain 24 June: Liverpool - Whitchurch
- Great Britain 23 June: Blackpool - Liverpool
- Great Britain 22 June: Windermere - Blackpool
- Great Britain 21 June: Keswick - Windermere
- Great Britain 20 June: Eskdalemuir, Scotland - Keswick, England
- Great Britain 19 June: Edinburgh - Eskdalemuir
- Great Britain 18 June: Glasgow - Edinburgh
- Great Britain 17 June: Glasgow
- Great Britain 16 June: Onich - Glasgow
- Great Britain 15 June: Inverness - Fort William
- Great Britain 14 June: Ullapool - Inverness
- Great Britain 13 June: Rogart - Ullapool
- Great Britain 12 June: John O'Groats - Rogart
- Schools And Kids
- Torch-Bearer Award
- World-Harmony-Run Song
Great Britain 13 June: Rogart - Ullapool
Today we experienced what some people call typical Scottish weather.
Nathan is the only boy out of seven students at Rosehall School. Maybe he is wishing for more boys to play with!
Aussie kangaroo brothers. Tie me kangaroo down sport!
Feeling peace in the heart.
Where on earth is Czech Republic?
Children from surrounding schools came to visit for a sports day and joined in the World Harmony Run fun.
Shraddha from Latvia always has a story to tell at the end of her run.
Local runner Uranta is quite at home in these conditions.
After scaling a 3 mile hill a kind passer by insisted that Shobhavati needed this Lucozade more than she did.
Balavan from England somehow managed to follow the wrong van and went completely off track... :-)
...meanwhile Apaguha 'enjoys' the weather for almost an hour wondering what could possibly have happened to Balavan this time.
Ullapool is a charming old fising village on the west coast. Today we ran right across the width of Scotland.
The Ceilidh Place is a hotel, restaurant, book shop. They host the Ullapool Book Festival and numerous other cultural events. It is a real hub of the local community.
The centre is run by Jean Urquhart who is a Member of the Scottish Parliament for the Scottish National Party. Her tireless work at both the local and national levels touches many lives. Such high idealism and youthful enthusiasm deeply inspired us.
The staff who prepared the much appreciated delicious buffet lunch that Jean provided for us.
We arrived cold, wet and freezing after a tough run and walked into a warm haven which left us fully revived.
Our thanks to Jean and staff!
Local outdoor guide Colin is a keen runner who joined us for the last 12 miles of the day.
We were ever optimisitc of seeing a rainbow but this is the closest we got.
Erin enthusiastically joined the harmony runners and her Dad for a couple of fast miles.
When she finished her run Erin entertained us in the van while Dad carried on running.
Apaguha maintains uniform standards with his transparent poncho.
A local woodworker taking part...
...it was not easy but we convinced him to run for a good 10 metres!
Our host for the evening was so inspired by the torch that he ran his first mile in 3 years!
Uranta doing the maths...how many practical hats do I own?!
Erin jumped out of the van for the last mile...she had some energy to burn!
Visiting the impressive Corrieshalloch Gorge.
Uranta introduces the torch to the waterfall.
A cute Scottish waymarking cairn.
The Old Croft House - our divine accommodation for the evening.
Salil admires the picturesque view from the best seat in the house.
11pm - you have to wait up for it but when the sun finally sets in this magical part of the world it is worth it :-)
See the recent Youtube video which illustrates IYY slogan "Our Year Our Voice" International Year of Youth - Zambia World Harmony
Distance: 73 miles
Salil Wilson (Australia), Apaguha Vesely (Czech Republic), Balavan Thomas (Great Britain), Shobhavati Davies (New Zealand), Shyamala Stott (Scotland), Dhavala Stott (Scotland), Amalendu Edelsten (Australia), Shraddha Kurzemniece (Latvia), Lenka Svecova (Czech Republic), Lubos Svec (Czech Republic), Uranta Kane (Scotland)
Gallery: See more images!
< Great Britain 12 June|
< Ukraine 12 June
Great Britain 14 June >|
Ukraine 14 June >
Ukraine 13 June|