- Live from the Road
- Great Britain 9 December: St. Austell
- Great Britain 2 July: Penzance - Land's End
- Great Britain 1 July: Truro - Penzance
- Great Britain 30 June: Kingsbridge - Truro
- Great Britain 29 June: Exeter - Plymouth
- Great Britain 28 June: Bristol - Exeter
- Great Britain 27 June: Cardiff - Bristol
- Great Britain 26 June: Hereford - Bristol
- Great Britain 25 June: Wem - Hereford
- Great Britain 24 June: Liverpool - Whitchurch
- Great Britain 23 June: Blackpool - Liverpool
- Great Britain 22 June: Windermere - Blackpool
- Great Britain 21 June: Keswick - Windermere
- Great Britain 20 June: Eskdalemuir, Scotland - Keswick, England
- Great Britain 19 June: Edinburgh - Eskdalemuir
- Great Britain 18 June: Glasgow - Edinburgh
- Great Britain 17 June: Glasgow
- Great Britain 16 June: Onich - Glasgow
- Great Britain 15 June: Inverness - Fort William
- Great Britain 14 June: Ullapool - Inverness
- Great Britain 13 June: Rogart - Ullapool
- Great Britain 12 June: John O'Groats - Rogart
- Schools And Kids
- Torch-Bearer Award
- World-Harmony-Run Song
Great Britain 29 June: Exeter - Plymouth
Thank you so much to all the staff at The Southgate Hotel, Exeter, for a much appreciated luxurious nights sleep!
We started off the day with a visit to St Michael's Church of England Primary School in Exeter with a warm welcome from children who lined up to meet us.
There was a deep seated peace present in this school, and a positive and nurturing presence from the headmistress
The children really felt peace within them, and it was clear for all to see...and hear as well as they sat for a moment in silence...
...and made a wish for harmony.
The headteacher Mrs Pawley also honored our visit by planting a World Harmony Tree which was given to her by the previous headteacher.
With a helping hand from one of the students of the gardening club and the running club!
BYE!!! Thanks for having us.
We continued on our journey.....
To be welcomed by Willowbrook school in Exeter, who treated us to a great rendition of 'What a Wonderful World'
Prabala from France demonstrates how we run with the torch.
we had a great laugh with the children...
...and the headmistress, Mrs Molly Marlow who recieved the torch with joy.
The children ran with great enthusiasm!!!
....and started of a new trend, which seems to be all the rage.
Thumbs up for Ide Primary School who joined us in the actions to our theme song.
This was such a sweet and peaceful school.
It was clear to see that the Head teacher, Mr Sean Miller, had a very positive and calming influence here.
The new fashion trend really seems to be taking off.
Animal stamps representing the continents of the world....All the kids are wearing them!!
We ran on, and made our regal entrance to Powderham Castle...this was a really impressive entrance.
Where we were welcomed with medals for our efforts. We also sang the theme song for the visitors in the castle's courtyard.
There was a beautiful rose garden...
and a deer park too.
We met some cute rodents and some farm animals...
...and gave an impromptu ceremony for a visiting school at the castle.
We met some other rodents too!!!
We ran past beautiful green pastures...
...and pretty harbors.
Some very colourful Cornish seaside towns.
The ferry led us over the water to our destination for the night, The River Valley Holiday Park in St Austell.
See the recent Youtube video on African experience which illustrates IYY slogan "Our Year Our Voice" International Year of Youth - Zambia World Harmony. They surprisingly mention Presidents and UN Secretary-General in a unique way!
Distance: 65 miles
Apaguha Vesely (Czech Republic), Balavan Thomas (Great Britain), Shobhavati Davies (New Zealand), Amalendu Edelsten (Australia), Lenka Svecova (Czech Republic), Teekhnata Metzler (USA), Atulya Berube (USA), Nandathu Saltzman (USA), Devashishu Torpy (England), Shraddha Kurzemniece (Latvia), Becky Xerri (Wales), Prabala (France)
Gallery: See more images!
< Great Britain 28 June|
< Belarus 28 June
Great Britain 30 June >|