- Live From The Road
- Iceland 4 September: Þingvellir - Reykjavík
- Iceland 5 September: Reykjavík
- Iceland 23 July: Reykjavík-Explorer
- Iceland 16 July: Borgarnes-Reykjavík
- Iceland 15 July: Frank's reflections
- Iceland 15 July: Laugarbakki-Borgarnes
- Iceland 14 July: Varmahlíð-Laugarbakki
- Iceland 13 July: Lágheiði-Varmahlíð
- Iceland 12 July: Akureyri - Lágheiði
- Iceland 11 July: Chahida's farewell
- Iceland 11 July: Reykjarhlíð-Akureyri
- Iceland 10 July: Möðrudalur - Reykjarhlíð
- Iceland 9 July: Egilsstaðir-Möðrudalur
- Iceland 8 July: Fáskrúðsfjörður - Egilsstaðir
- Iceland 8 July: Impressions
- Iceland 7 July: Djúpivogur - Fáskrúðsfjörður
- Iceland 6 July: Höfn - Djúpivogur
- Iceland 5 July: Fagurhólsmýri - Höfn
- Iceland 4 July: Kirkjubæjarklaustur - Fagurhólsmýri
- Iceland 3 July: Markarfljót-Kirkjubæjarklaustur
- Iceland 2 July: Opening Ceremony
- Iceland 2 July: Reykjavík-Markarfljót
- Söngur World-Harmony Friðarhlaupsins
Iceland 3 July: Markarfljót-Kirkjubæjarklaustur
The run on July 3 started similarly to yesterday: With a lot of rain. A few Harmony Runners drove up from Reykjavík to help, and were treated with the first torrential showers. However, this was good people managament, as the other Runners were already cold and wet from yesterday.
After 20 km or so, Youth Sports Club Eyfellingur joined us as ran with us all the way to Jökulsá river. The kids from Eyfellingur had to content with a lot of rain, but their spirits were high and so was their enthusiasm.
At Jökulsá river we met another Youth Sports Club which didn't lack enthusiasm: Youth Sports Club Dyrhólaey. The kids from Dyrhólaey ran with us all the way to Vík í Mýrdal Town, a distance of 26,6 km! I had the feeling that this hadn't necessarily been the plan, but the kids were so excited about the Run that all of them came running together into town.
From Vík í Mýrdal on the Harmony Runners were mostly on their own, running in the vast desolate area of Mýrdalssandur. Therefore, all company was most gratefully received. Rúnar Páll's mother came and ran with us the first 5 km out of Vík í Mýrdal, when it rained the most. Then, around the middle of Mýrdalssandur, we met a Norwegian-Icelandic family that stopped their car and ran with us for 5 km.
Father Sigurður Garðarsson and mother Inger Elisabeth Langfeldt and their children Ingrid Kristin (6yrs.), Sigurd (9) and Trygve (11) were a great source of inspiration to us and helped us to make the remaining kilometers to Kirkjubæjarklaustur village easier.
< Iceland 2 July|
< Iceland 2 July
< Romania 2 July
Iceland 4 July >|
4. júlí >
3. júlí >
2. júlí >
Romania 4 July >
Romania 3 July|