- Live From The Road
- Iceland 4 September: Þingvellir - Reykjavík
- Iceland 5 September: Reykjavík
- Iceland 23 July: Reykjavík-Explorer
- Iceland 16 July: Borgarnes-Reykjavík
- Iceland 15 July: Frank's reflections
- Iceland 15 July: Laugarbakki-Borgarnes
- Iceland 14 July: Varmahlíð-Laugarbakki
- Iceland 13 July: Lágheiði-Varmahlíð
- Iceland 12 July: Akureyri - Lágheiði
- Iceland 11 July: Chahida's farewell
- Iceland 11 July: Reykjarhlíð-Akureyri
- Iceland 10 July: Möðrudalur - Reykjarhlíð
- Iceland 9 July: Egilsstaðir-Möðrudalur
- Iceland 8 July: Fáskrúðsfjörður - Egilsstaðir
- Iceland 8 July: Impressions
- Iceland 7 July: Djúpivogur - Fáskrúðsfjörður
- Iceland 6 July: Höfn - Djúpivogur
- Iceland 5 July: Fagurhólsmýri - Höfn
- Iceland 4 July: Kirkjubæjarklaustur - Fagurhólsmýri
- Iceland 3 July: Markarfljót-Kirkjubæjarklaustur
- Iceland 2 July: Opening Ceremony
- Iceland 2 July: Reykjavík-Markarfljót
- Söngur World-Harmony Friðarhlaupsins
Iceland 14 July: Varmahlíð-Laugarbakki
The Harmony Runners had to use their reserve energy today, as they ran through 103 km of beautiful scenery of Húnavatnssýsla county. The Harmony Runners were mostly on their own, apart from a little stretch of road where three soccer-playing boys ran with us through Blönduós town...in their soccer shoes! Unfortunately, we seem to have lost both our pictures of them and their names, but they were a source of encouragement to us.
Another source of encouragement was when Anna Elísabet, the sports coach who organized the dynamic kids who ran with us out of Sauðárkrókur town yesterday, drove up to us and cheered us on.
Apart from that, the Runners were mostly alone in their struggle with the road, feet that are starting to get weary after 2 weeks and the sun(!), but, contrary to popular belief, it is actually possible to get burnt by the sun in Iceland, as Upajukta conclusively proved today.
On the other hand, despite all this toil, we were happy - we were running in the beautiful Icelandic landscape in a near-perfect weather with the calm and quiet of nature coupled with the calm and quiet of our own minds as our running companions. What more could one ask for?
Well, I suppose one could ask for a nice place to rest for the night, which we got, as the night was spent in Ganagane's superlative summer house, which is equipped with all the main luxuries, such as a sauna and a hot tub.
< Iceland 13 July|
< Ukraine 13 July
Iceland 15 July >|
Iceland 15 July >