- Live From The Road
- Iceland 4 September: Þingvellir - Reykjavík
- Iceland 5 September: Reykjavík
- Iceland 23 July: Reykjavík-Explorer
- Iceland 16 July: Borgarnes-Reykjavík
- Iceland 15 July: Frank's reflections
- Iceland 15 July: Laugarbakki-Borgarnes
- Iceland 14 July: Varmahlíð-Laugarbakki
- Iceland 13 July: Lágheiði-Varmahlíð
- Iceland 12 July: Akureyri - Lágheiði
- Iceland 11 July: Chahida's farewell
- Iceland 11 July: Reykjarhlíð-Akureyri
- Iceland 10 July: Möðrudalur - Reykjarhlíð
- Iceland 9 July: Egilsstaðir-Möðrudalur
- Iceland 8 July: Fáskrúðsfjörður - Egilsstaðir
- Iceland 8 July: Impressions
- Iceland 7 July: Djúpivogur - Fáskrúðsfjörður
- Iceland 6 July: Höfn - Djúpivogur
- Iceland 5 July: Fagurhólsmýri - Höfn
- Iceland 4 July: Kirkjubæjarklaustur - Fagurhólsmýri
- Iceland 3 July: Markarfljót-Kirkjubæjarklaustur
- Iceland 2 July: Opening Ceremony
- Iceland 2 July: Reykjavík-Markarfljót
- Söngur World-Harmony Friðarhlaupsins
Iceland 23 July: Reykjavík-Explorer
Only a week after the finish of the epic World Harmony Run around Iceland, the runners came together in the Hljómskálagarður park, where the Run finished last week. This time, the intention was not to run around the island. Instead, we ran a short distance to Reykjavík City harbour where the cruise ship Explorer lay.
There we were enthusiastically greeted by the arctic expedition Students on Ice . The expedition, which later set sail for its two week journey through Iceland, Greenland and northern Canada, received the Harmony Torch and will try to run in all the communities along the way.
It is the Expedition Leader and Founder, Geoff Green, who initiated this project. Geoff Green is quite familiar with the World Harmony Run, and participated in the Run in Ottawa, Canada, June 2 .
Geoff Green invited the Harmony Runners to make a short presentation of the World Harmony Run for the members of the arctic expedition, which mainly consists of students at the age of 14-19 and adult scientists and specialists. Among the members of the expedition is a 17-year old Icelander, Ole Nordman Brynjólfsson. Interestingly, his mother, Selma, is one of the Iceland World Harmony Runners.
The presentation was made by Ganagane, and it was a success as could be expected.
Geoff Green said in his speech afterwards, that he was looking forward to carrying the Torch through 3 circumpolar countries and that he was proud to be entrusted with this task. Green added that the Arctic expedition was about many things, such as adventure, learning and the environment, and that having it about peace and harmony too was a pretty good addition.
After the speeches we said goodbye to Geoff Green and the expedition members, knowing that we had left the Torch in good care and hoping that the expedition will get many chances to run with it.
Students on Ice will visit Greenland from July 28 to 30. News from those days will be published on the Greenland Harmony Run web site.
Also, check out the homepage of Students on Ice
Check out Daily updates from Students on Ice.
< 16. júlí|
< 15. júlí
Iceland 4 September >|
Finland 24 July >