- Latest News
- 2012 News
- 2010 News
- 2009 News
- News and upcoming events
- Ireland 3 April: Closing Ceremony of the 2009 Run
- Ireland 2 April: Rathdrum - Dublin
- Ireland 1 April: Waterford - Rathdrum
- Ireland 31 March: Cork - Waterford
- Ireland 30 March: Killarney - Cork
- Ireland 29 March: Limerick - Killarney
- Ireland 28 March: Galway - Limerick
- Ireland 27 March: Westport - Galway
- Ireland 26 March: Sligo - Westport
- Ireland 25 March: Letterkenny - Sligo
- Ireland 24 March: Ballycastle - Letterkenny
- Ireland 23 March: Belfast - Ballycastle
- Ireland 22 March: Dundalk - Belfast
- Ireland 21 March: Dublin-Dundalk
- Ireland 20 March: Dublin schools
- Ireland 19 March: Arrival of the international team
- 2012 Route
- WHR Supporters
- Our 25th Anniversary
- WHR in the News
- WHR 2009 - around the coast of Ireland
- Schools And Kids
Ireland 2 April: Rathdrum - Dublin
Our last morning of our fabulous run around Ireland began with a short visit to Rathcoyle N.S - we would like to thank everyone at the school for having us on such short notice!
The students had a great time trying to guess which country we were all from.
Then they all joined us for a lap around the school's grounds.
Afterwards, we began the run to Dublin - Martin, our host from last night joined us for a few kilometres. Thank you Martin for all your hospitality, and the tasty stew you cooked for us!
Balavan enjoys a run through the Sally Gap in glorious weather.
On our way through the mountains, we stopped by the Peace and Reconciliation centre in Glencree to meet with Trish and all the staff working there. The Peace and Reconciliation Centre has worked tirelessly over the years to bring people from different communities together to foster mutual respect and understanding.
The invited us in for a cup of tea and we had a lovely chat about the work we both were doing. We would like to thank Sean O'Boyle, who met us when we were visiting here 18 months ago, for helping to arrange this meeting.
Afterwards, Purnendu from Serbia ran downhill with the torch, all the way into town. In the bottom two photos he has been joined by Sundar, who has been really enjoying his trip around Ireland after living abroad for 30 years.
Afterwards, it was time for a night's rest in Dublin, in preparation for our closing ceremony tomorrow....
Distance: 90 km
Boijayanti Badillo-Gomez (Puerto Rico), Kallola Brown (New Zealand), Rupashri Brown (New Zealand), Salil Wilson (Australia), Purnendu Knezevic (Serbia), Balavan Thomas (England), Ambarish Keenan (Ireland), Sundar Dalton (Ireland), Katka Purusova (Czech Republic), Svetlana Gorschkova (Russia), Baridhi Yonchev (Bulgaria)
Gallery: See more images!
< Ireland 1 April||
Ireland 3 April >|