- Live From The Road
- Thank You! - Supporters 2005
- New Zealand: World Harmony Run Joins Christmas Parade
- New Zealand 31 October 2005: Wellington
- New Zealand 29 October 2005: En route to Wellington
- New Zealand 28 October 2005: Palmerston North
- New Zealand 27 October 2005: Taihape
- New Zealand 26 October 2005: Rotorua and Taupo
- New Zealand 25 October 2005: Hamilton
- New Zealand 20 0ctober 2005: West Auckland
- New Zealand 19 October 2005: South Auckland
- New Zealand 18 October 2005: Central Auckland
- New Zealand 17 October 2005: Auckland's North Shore
- Meeting with Prime Minister of New Zealand, 1 September 2010
- Dr Ashraf Choudhary QSM, 2 July 2010
- Meeting the All Whites, 22 May 2010
- Itinerary 2012
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
- Community Support
- Itinerary 2008
- Itinerary 2010
New Zealand 29 October 2005: En route to Wellington
We left Palmerston North on a bright and breezy morning, having run through the Square and the main street. After running through rolling farmlands and cute rural townships we found ourselves back on State Highway One, with wall to wall cars and big trucks rushing by. After meandering country roads this was a bit of a shock!
We met a really nice man out running who joined us for a while and later recommended a back-road route which took us off the main trunk line again. This meant that we were able to avoid some of the most dubious parts of State Highway One in terms of safety. We loved running through this alternative route. It was beautiful, peaceful countryside.
Today team member Kallola completed the equivalent of a marathon distance in her running with the torch over the week. Not bad for a 12 year old!
We arrived in Wellington city later in the afternoon, with born and bred Wellingtonian Carol carrying the torch. Finishing our run through the north island of New Zealand on the waterfront at Oriental Bay, we cheered with delight at having reached our goal.
It’s not all over yet, though. We will be visiting a school in Wellington on Monday. Stay tuned!
< New Zealand 28 October 2005||
New Zealand 31 October 2005 >|