- Live From The Road
- New Zealand 27 April: Auckland
- New Zealand 17 March: Nelson City
- New Zealand 16 March: Nelson and Motueka
- New Zealand 15 March: Team B - Blenheim to Nelson
- New Zealand 15 March: Team A - Blenheim to Nelson
- New Zealand 14 March: Team B - Kaikoura to Blenheim
- New Zealand 14 March: Team A - Kaikoura to Blenheim
- New Zealand 13 March: Team B - Waipara to Kaikoura
- New Zealand 13 March: Cheviot to Kaikoura
- New Zealand 12 March: Christchurch to Cheviot
- New Zealand 10 March: Wanganui - Levin
- New Zealand 9 March: Hawera - Wanganui
- New Zealand 8 March: New Plymouth - Hawera
- New Zealand 7 March: Breakfast at Piopio
- New Zealand 7 March: Piopio - New Plymouth
- New Zealand 6 March: 2012 Asia Pacific - Hamilton - Piopio
- New Zealand 5 March: Auckland - Day 1 of the Asia Pacific run
- Meeting with Prime Minister of New Zealand, 1 September 2010
- Dr Ashraf Choudhary QSM, 2 July 2010
- Meeting the All Whites, 22 May 2010
- Itinerary 2012
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
- Community Support
- Itinerary 2008
- Itinerary 2010
New Zealand 13 March: Cheviot to Kaikoura
Daniel is always in cheerful mode...
Our first stop for the day was at the Cheviot Area School. The children were in awe of the harmony torch and we were struck by their happiness and open-ness. One teenager remarked she could run the 10-15kms a day because it involved thinking in a positive way. Imagine the effect that comment from a young person had on us - it was very inspiring!
Children making a wish for peace as they passed Sean. The teachers were really enthusiastic about the event - the photo far below reveals their enthsiasm!
Kaikoura coastline reveals the sillhoutte of three cheerful Harmony runners.
St Joseph's School impressed us with the children's readiness to get involved - here some volunteers show off their school sign, while posing with the runners.
A fun moment where Sean and Daniel act out a play which the children enjoyed.
Feeling peace in one's heart is something a child can learn to do - all it takes is a moment of inner quietness. Below the children listen to our song and then get to perform it - complete with the actions!
The teachers often match the children's delight at holding the torch...
...which has passed through numerous hands around the country.
A stay at the delightful Waves on the Esplanade, in Kaikoura, due to the generosity of our hosts Liz and...
Below the seals of Kaikoura come inland for a rest from their usual oceanic existence.
And also Team B went to two additional Schools - see:
New Zealand 13 March: Team B - Waipara to Kaikoura.
Video Message from Davidson Hepburn, President (2009 - 2011) of the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for 25th Anniversary of the World Harmony Run and a vision for the decade: "Toward a Oneness-World".
Full Text of the 25th annversary message and link to 25 language informal Translations: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/25or Click on language button for separate youtube videos wth sub titles in varous languages
- Youtube video on African experience which illustrates IYY slogan "Our Year Our Voice" International Year of Youth - Zambia World Harmony. They surprisingly mention Presidents and UN Secretary-General in a unique way!
Distance: 34 km
< New Zealand 12 March||
New Zealand 14 March >|
New Zealand 13 March|