- Live From The Road
- New Zealand 27 April: Auckland
- New Zealand 17 March: Nelson City
- New Zealand 16 March: Nelson and Motueka
- New Zealand 15 March: Team B - Blenheim to Nelson
- New Zealand 15 March: Team A - Blenheim to Nelson
- New Zealand 14 March: Team B - Kaikoura to Blenheim
- New Zealand 14 March: Team A - Kaikoura to Blenheim
- New Zealand 13 March: Team B - Waipara to Kaikoura
- New Zealand 13 March: Cheviot to Kaikoura
- New Zealand 12 March: Christchurch to Cheviot
- New Zealand 10 March: Wanganui - Levin
- New Zealand 9 March: Hawera - Wanganui
- New Zealand 8 March: New Plymouth - Hawera
- New Zealand 7 March: Breakfast at Piopio
- New Zealand 7 March: Piopio - New Plymouth
- New Zealand 6 March: 2012 Asia Pacific - Hamilton - Piopio
- New Zealand 5 March: Auckland - Day 1 of the Asia Pacific run
- Meeting with Prime Minister of New Zealand, 1 September 2010
- Dr Ashraf Choudhary QSM, 2 July 2010
- Meeting the All Whites, 22 May 2010
- Itinerary 2012
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
- Community Support
- Itinerary 2008
- Itinerary 2010
New Zealand 14 March: Team B - Kaikoura to Blenheim
We stayed at the A1 Kaikoura Motel, thank you to Leo for kindly hosting us!
At dawn we headed to the beach and lit some Harmony Lanterns...
Marama lights a Harmony lantern.
Spot the whale! We were so excited to see a couple of (probably) sperm whales in the deep waters of Kaikoura.
In front of the majestic Kaikoura Ranges, which were dusted with a sprinkling of snow.
Anurakta is running towards Blenheim - 126km to go!
Arriving at Woodbank School in the Clarence Valley...
...Marama gamely transporting the guitar and violin!!
Woodbank School's mission statement is perfectly in line with the Harmony Run values of aspiration and self-transcendence.
The four students make a wish for peace.
Singing the World Harmony Run song.
When each person has peace, the whole world will have peace.
These kids were awesome runners! They carried the torch and flags all the way to the main road to see us off.
Making a wish with the Peace torch.
Jessica gave a lovely speech thanking us for visiting them. We were really impressed by Woodbank School who were obviously living the values of peace, kindness and respect toward each other.
Back on the main road running parrallel with the coastline, we couldn't resist stopping for a quick dip!
The waves were a little rough!
Niribili tackles the winding hills on the way to Blenheim. The purple fields of a salt processing plant can be seen in the background.
We meet some enthusiastic young friends in Seddon.
What a fantastic day!
Video Message from Davidson Hepburn, President (2009 - 2011) of the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for 25th Anniversary of the World Harmony Run and a vision for the decade: "Toward a Oneness-World".
Full Text of the 25th annversary message and link to 25 language informal Translations: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/25or Click on language button for separate youtube videos wth sub titles in varous languages
- Youtube video on African experience which illustrates IYY slogan "Our Year Our Voice" International Year of Youth - Zambia World Harmony. They surprisingly mention Presidents and UN Secretary-General in a unique way!
Distance: 126 km
Ujjwala Mettrick (Christchurch), Marama Markman (Okains Bay), Emily Oliver (Wales), Preetidutta Thorpe (Auckland), Niribili File (New Plymouth), Suradhuni Anderson (Hawkes Bay), Susan Marshall (Dunedin)
Gallery: See more images!
< New Zealand 13 March||
New Zealand 15 March >|
New Zealand 14 March|