- Live From The Road
- New Zealand 27 April: Auckland
- New Zealand 17 March: Nelson City
- New Zealand 16 March: Nelson and Motueka
- New Zealand 15 March: Team B - Blenheim to Nelson
- New Zealand 15 March: Team A - Blenheim to Nelson
- New Zealand 14 March: Team B - Kaikoura to Blenheim
- New Zealand 14 March: Team A - Kaikoura to Blenheim
- New Zealand 13 March: Team B - Waipara to Kaikoura
- New Zealand 13 March: Cheviot to Kaikoura
- New Zealand 12 March: Christchurch to Cheviot
- New Zealand 10 March: Wanganui - Levin
- New Zealand 9 March: Hawera - Wanganui
- New Zealand 8 March: New Plymouth - Hawera
- New Zealand 7 March: Breakfast at Piopio
- New Zealand 7 March: Piopio - New Plymouth
- New Zealand 6 March: 2012 Asia Pacific - Hamilton - Piopio
- New Zealand 5 March: Auckland - Day 1 of the Asia Pacific run
- Meeting with Prime Minister of New Zealand, 1 September 2010
- Dr Ashraf Choudhary QSM, 2 July 2010
- Meeting the All Whites, 22 May 2010
- Itinerary 2012
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
- Community Support
- Itinerary 2008
- Itinerary 2010
New Zealand 15 March: Team B - Blenheim to Nelson
On our way to our first destination, St Mary's School.
The presentation was held outside in the sunny courtyard
The bright and cheerful students of St Mary's School of Blenheim stole the hearts of the Harmony Run team!
Two students recieve the World Harmony Run's Certificate of Appreciation on behalf of St Mary's School.
Capturing the moment - the flame takes on the shape of a bird.
The presentation was broadcast live by Natasha Knox from More FM.
After the presentation we were delighted to have an escort of young athletes from both St Mary's and from our next school, Whitney Street School.
Whitney Street students lead the way to their school.
Holding the torch high on the way to our next stop.
We were met at the gate by the Whitney Street students, who showed us their beautiful peace-themed artwork as we ran in.
The Mayor of Blenheim, Alistair Sowman, who recieved a Torch Bearer Award for his work supporting youth in Marlborough.
The children make a wish for world peace.
One of our favourite parts of the World Harmony Run is making new friends.
Big smiles all around. Thank you Whitney Street School!
On the road again, we head through the hills towards sunny Nelson.
Meeting some animal friends along the way...
...and some baby goats join the World Harmony Run!
In the afternoon we arrived at Rai Valley Area School, a beautiful school with lovely gardens and buildings and a great bunch of kids.
Singing the World Harmony Run song.
Smiles from Rai Valley students.
Everyone gets a chance to hold the Peace Torch.
Video Message from Davidson Hepburn, President (2009 - 2011) of the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for 25th Anniversary of the World Harmony Run and a vision for the decade: "Toward a Oneness-World".
Full Text of the 25th annversary message and link to 25 language informal Translations: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/25or Click on language button for separate youtube videos wth sub titles in varous languages
- Youtube video on African experience which illustrates IYY slogan "Our Year Our Voice" International Year of Youth - Zambia World Harmony. They surprisingly mention Presidents and UN Secretary-General in a unique way!
Ujjwala Mettrick (Christchurch), Marama Markman (Okains Bay), Emily Oliver (Wales), Preetidutta Thorpe (Auckland), Niribili File (New Plymouth), Suradhuni Anderson (Hawkes Bay), Susan Marshall (Dunedin)
Gallery: See more images!
< New Zealand 14 March||
New Zealand 16 March >|
New Zealand 15 March|