- Live From The Road
- New Zealand 27 April: Auckland
- New Zealand 17 March: Nelson City
- New Zealand 16 March: Nelson and Motueka
- New Zealand 15 March: Team B - Blenheim to Nelson
- New Zealand 15 March: Team A - Blenheim to Nelson
- New Zealand 14 March: Team B - Kaikoura to Blenheim
- New Zealand 14 March: Team A - Kaikoura to Blenheim
- New Zealand 13 March: Team B - Waipara to Kaikoura
- New Zealand 13 March: Cheviot to Kaikoura
- New Zealand 12 March: Christchurch to Cheviot
- New Zealand 10 March: Wanganui - Levin
- New Zealand 9 March: Hawera - Wanganui
- New Zealand 8 March: New Plymouth - Hawera
- New Zealand 7 March: Breakfast at Piopio
- New Zealand 7 March: Piopio - New Plymouth
- New Zealand 6 March: 2012 Asia Pacific - Hamilton - Piopio
- New Zealand 5 March: Auckland - Day 1 of the Asia Pacific run
- Meeting with Prime Minister of New Zealand, 1 September 2010
- Dr Ashraf Choudhary QSM, 2 July 2010
- Meeting the All Whites, 22 May 2010
- Itinerary 2012
- Torch-Bearer Award
- Media Centre
- Community Support
- Itinerary 2008
- Itinerary 2010
New Zealand 17 March: Nelson City
Day 6 started with a fresh and peaceful 10 km run into Nelson - Sean Abbot and Keith Jackson (with the torch) are striding it out...
Daniel Rudin is the next runner up... Behind Daniel is our Range Rover team vehicle which was kindly lent to us by Stonewood Homes of Christchurch. We are very grateful to Brent Mettrick of Stonewood Homes for his kindness and generosity.
Local World Harmony Run team member Shardul Dillicar is interviewed at the Nelson Market while Keith Jackson of Christchurch holds the torch. Shardul offers free meditation classes in Nelson.
The World Harmony Run was invited to visit the renowned Nelson Market. The market's founder and CEO, Nita Knight (above), held the Harmony Torch and then lead our team through the market encouraging marketeers and market visitors alike to hold the torch and offer a prayer or thought for peace. Nita has a universal heart and we were very grateful to her for sharing the vision of the World Harmony Run in such a powerful way. Nelson Market is not only about buying and selling, for many Nelsonians it has become an integral part of Nelson social life and is a very peaceful and happy space.
Local musician Sika holds the Harmony Torch.
Nelson's Pearly Queen, Shirley Miles, holds the Harmony Torch. Shirley has collected more than $80,000 over nine years for the Nelson Region Hospice. More here »
In the early afternoon, the team climbed the hill to the Centre of New Zealand which offers a geart view of Tasman Bay...
A friendly walking club enjoys holding the Harmony Torch.
Shardul, Nelson member of the World Harmony Run team, holds the Harmony Torch at the Centre of New Zealand.
The World Harmony Run team had some wonderful experiences in Nelson and would like to thank everyone involved for their open-hearted response to the core message of the World Harmony Run which is "Peace begins with me!"
"May each and every individual each day have a new dream of world harmony." - Sri Chinmoy.
Video Message from Davidson Hepburn, President (2009 - 2011) of the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for 25th Anniversary of the World Harmony Run and a vision for the decade: "Toward a Oneness-World".
Full Text of the 25th annversary message and link to 25 language informal Translations: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/25or Click on language button for separate youtube videos wth sub titles in varous languages
- Youtube video on African experience which illustrates IYY slogan "Our Year Our Voice" International Year of Youth - Zambia World Harmony. They surprisingly mention Presidents and UN Secretary-General in a unique way!
Gallery: See more images!
< New Zealand 16 March||
New Zealand 27 April >|