- Region Summary News
- 25th Anniversary
- 2011-2013 and Beyond...
- Photos: World Oneness Aspiration Themes
- Torch-Bearer Award
- UN Initiatives
- Year - Rapprochement of Cultures
- Davidson Hepburn Message
- Other IYRC Messages and Statements
- Examples of IYRC at Events
- Living in Harmony - Summer Camp Curriculum
- IYRC Logo: 6 Languages, Multicolor strands and symbol
- Sample Handout - Message, Song Music, Country list, Photos
- IYRC Talking Points and FAQ
- "How to" show IYRC at "Live from Road" news
- Schools And Kids
- Asia Pacific
Examples of IYRC at Events
This page links to details (Parts 01 - 03) showing ways the 2010 International Year has been introduced during World Harmony run events.
Print parts in PDF format: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/unesco_year/iyrc_examples/pdf_downloads
Download a pdf of newsletter Jul 2010 - 4 page highlights of Examples and Photos of Events around the world thus far in 2010.
In addition to the prominent placement throughout the 2010 International Launch of the World Harmony Run during April in New York;
|(details at http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/unesco_year/iyrc_examples/iyrc_exa_01|
- At a Historic Church with friendly and knowledgeable guides
- Near a City Hall and by the fountain in a Park with local Media
- At a Suburban School where some Languages were read out by a few Children who then held the torch together.
- A Principal spoke of Peace, Harmony, Love and diversity and students line up to hold torch in front of the banner for the Year
- Mayor leads run to 400 children, song, 2010 Banner
- Country Flags, National Dress, proclamation,
- Classes study various different countries
- The first school to read out all the 6 official languages of the UN which are on the logo. It is noted how additional Languages could also be used
- Group Music and multi colored instruments are compared to the Colors on the Years Banner which keep their uniqueness
- The Latin Phrase "E PLURIBUS UNUM" is noted on many coins and other significant USA places = "Out of many, one" which has relevance for 2010 celebrations..
- Heart felt Music repeatedly brings us together
- An Embassy welcomes the Run into a colorful function room and appreciates the year 2010 Cultural Diversity theme
- Children enjoy running with the 2010 Logo on banner,
- Three schools join together, soccer team participates in front of banner and reaches out to hold torch together before the torch lights up a cave
- Planting a tree,
- National and International runners together,
- Runner_Musicians perform with the 2010 Logo on banner
- Boarder chiefs and staff form lines to warmly welome internationl team of runners entering country;
- Together plant 4 trees for peace and Harmony; and share torch with 2010 banner.
- Later days events have incredible ceremonies, buildings and pictures
- Culture, artistic, sporting, entertaining, + educational activities in a huge public space.
- Many thousands of children made drawings on the theme of harmony and "reverence for Mother Nature."
- Paper in shape of a huge tree was alive with activity and color.
- Ashrita Furman and Bipin Larkin set a new Guinness record which inceased media coverage
- Stage for bands, singers, dancers, gymnastics, arcrobatics and more
- Enthusiastic runners with energy going at various speeds
- Banner and logo for 2010, all day at different events was discussed; Messages shared described 2010 and the run
- Austrian Clown Magician and children with the 2010 logo
- World Heritage sites, include Banks of Danube and Buda Castle
- Painter, vészabó_noémi, honorary adjudicator beautiful letter,: "children know the secret, they dare to believe
|(details Part 02 at http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/unesco_year/iyrc_examples/iyrc_exa_02|
Canada - 4 days: Parliament, Interfaith and Unesco Heritage sites
- Ottawa Parliament Hill: Speaker of the House and Members of Parliament, Diplomatic Community and other organizations.
Torch-Bearer recipients. Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bytown Museum, Canadian Museum of Civilization in Gatineau, Quebec
- Toronto - Interfaith events: Catholic High School; Award to Honorable Jean Augustin. Youth and adults of the Sikh faith and other faiths. Then on to Buddhist Meditation Centre and Temple
- Kingston - Murney Tower, now converted to peaceful purposes is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Göstling,: alpine ski champion;
- Reichraming, A child leads - Peace-bridge, built by young people from Austria, Israel and Palestine, symbolising hope for living together harmoniously.
- Vienna - Emperor's Castle, Schönbrunn, spectacular Emperors' Balcony! and murals.
- Frankenfels, Rain and Runners from Lauftreff Pielachtal
- Sunrise - Valley of the Gods. Nature overwhelms, wild flowers.
- Forrest Gump turn around. Monument Valley - Children;
- Navaho reservation- Rural Utah Head Start; runner teach Russian. "thank you" in languages, harmony song.
- Interesting flags, night views, Mexican Hat.
Nova Scotia, Canada
- Dartmouth - High School's Diversity Club carried the torch and a message to the run participants that they took turns reading out at two local junior high schools.
- Halifax - Year logo color strands, song drums, Virtues related to year, drawings with banner, languages, certificate, schools pass torch, hand drawn harmony signs, link arms, language representatives, first nations people; Mi’kmaq gathering song, harmony moments, serenity nature, Peggy's cove and lighthouse.
Part 03 (in progress)
Note: (The next parts are a bit more time consuming to select items to highlight. There are increasing numbers of good examples becausse the run is now in full swing in all regions simultaneously and the fact that the guidance and experience on how to introduce the IYRC has become a bit better).
(details Part 03 at http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/unesco_year/iyrc_examples/iyrc_exa_03]
including (to be added):
- Germany -media mention of IYRC and Pre Hepburn message, Germany 14 June: Czech border; Germany 21 June: Paderborn - Dortmund, so many different countries' flags being displayed at the school with IYRC logo on banner.
- Belgium 23 June: Brussels; video from meeting with President of the Council of European Union at Mr.Herman Van Rompuy, go to EU President's website at: http://vloghvr.consilium.europa.eu/?p=1874
- Meeting with World Harmony Run representatives, 23 June 2010, The World Harmony Run is a global torch relay, seeking to strengthen international friendship and [...]
See also Examples of full day events:
- 7,000+ Children in Budapest Hungary, 2010 May 14, during UN / UNESCO 2010 Year for the Rapprochement of Cultures
It involved the World Harmony Run as well as other culture, artistic, sporting, entertaining, sensational and educational activities in a public space where many participated....with a theme of peace, harmony and nature.
"We can have harmony if we have a deep reverence for Mother Nature."
The children made drawings on the theme of harmony and the importance of love and the protection of our environment. The paper that they drew on was arranged in shape of a huge tree representing a live tree and the tree of life.
See also 26 Jul 2010 - full Harmony Day in Chicago
- In Celebration of World Harmony and the United Nations, UNESCO (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organizations) declared: "2010 International Year for the Rapprochement of Cultures (IYRC)". The day's activities included:
- Early morning running; events at Landmarks and Parks;
- Music with amazing Marching Drum and Bugle Corps and Singing;
- Participation by Olympians, other dignitaries and 500 Children;
- Games, sharing and holding the torch by all;
- A beautiful World Harmony painting exhibit; and,
- "Torch Bearer" awardees and special guests at a local Gallery.
- Photos, see “gallery”at: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/gallery/usa/2010/week14/0726e
- A short video from day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsPdYOxXRLQ
- Initial shorter "live from the road" web report of day: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/usa/news/2010/week14/0726