- Live from the Road
- Week 18
- Week 17
- Week 16
- Week 15
- Week 14
- Week 13
- Week 12
- Week 11
- Week 10
- Week 9
- Week 8
- Week 7
- Week 6
- Week 5
- Week 4
- Week 3
- Week 2
- Week 1
- Off Route
- New York
- USA 29 July: NYC Manhattan - NYC summer Camp
- USA 22 July: New York Brooklyn - Brooklyn
- USA 20 July: Chelsea Manhattan - Queens
- USA 16 July: NYC Queens - NYC Manhattan
- Route 2012
- Schools and Kids
- World-Harmony-Run Song
- Torch-Bearer Award
USA 23 February: New York
Today we attended an event hosted by the Society of Foreign Consuls celebrating International Mother Language Day. A day dedicated to promoting linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism.
We were honored to present the Torch-Bearer award to the society's President, H.E. Christoph Bubb, Consul General of Switzerland for the society's work in promoting international understanding and cooperation.
Vice-President Hon. Mohammed Shamsul Haque, Consul General of Bangladesh looks on as World Harmony Run spokesperson Adhiratha Keefe presents the Torch-Bearer medal to President Bubb.
President H.E. Christoph Bubb, Consul General of Switzerland and Vice-President Hon. Mohammed Shamsul Haque, Consul General of Bangladesh hold the torch together.
H. E. Akramul Qader, Bangladesh Ambassador to USA - travelled from Washington DC to be present at the event.
World Harmony Run spokesperson Adhiratha Keefe expresses our appreciation for International Mother Language Day and the important work being carried out by the Society of Foreign Consuls.
International Mother language Day
International Mother language day is Celebrated each February. Dedicated to promoting linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism, it was proclaimed by UNESCO's General Conference in November of 1999.
For further information on International Mother Language Day and related resources see:
- UN site : http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/language/ and also
- UNESCO site: http://www.unesco.org/en/languages-in-education/
See also Information on:
- The 6 languages and symbol on year 2010 IYRC logo. http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/unesco_year/iyrc_logo
- Two countries where language choice had historical impact.
- Society of Forign Consuls - NY - Founded in 1925, represents the world's largest consular corps, comprising 110 Consulates, Consulates General and Honorary Consulates based in New York City.
Gallery: See more images!
< USA 16 February||
USA 12 April >|