- Live from the Road
- Week 18
- Week 17
- Week 16
- Week 15
- Week 14
- Week 13
- Week 12
- Week 11
- Week 10
- Week 9
- Week 8
- Week 7
- Week 6
- Week 5
- Week 4
- Week 3
- Week 2
- Week 1
- Off Route
- USA 29 November: Snowmass, CO
- USA 11 October: San Diego, CA
- USA 26 Aug: 146 World Languages - NY Central Park...
- USA 19 August: PART 2 - NYC Flushing Meadow - Great day - more photos
- USA 19 August: USA Flushing Meadow Corona Park - NYC Parks Summer Camp Program
- USA 05 Aug: NYC Summer Camp: St. James Park - Owen Dolen Recreation BRONX
- USA 3 August: Manhattan, NY - Bronx, NY
- USA 22 July: Brownsville Recreation Center - Saint John's Recreation Center, Brooklyn
- USA 20 July: NYC Kissena Park Queens - Cunningham Park Queens
- USA 30 May: Austin
- USA 15 May: Seattle
- New York
- USA 29 July: NYC Manhattan - NYC summer Camp
- USA 22 July: New York Brooklyn - Brooklyn
- USA 20 July: Chelsea Manhattan - Queens
- USA 16 July: NYC Queens - NYC Manhattan
- Route 2012
- Schools and Kids
- World-Harmony-Run Song
- Torch-Bearer Award
USA 05 Aug: NYC Summer Camp: St. James Park - Owen Dolen Recreation BRONX
Recreation Centers - Summer Camps - Advance Visits
Representatives of the World Harmony Run in New York have begun to visit 24 Recreation Centers and Summer Camps in the 5 boroughs of NYC. These visits are in advance of the big event in Flushing Meadow- Corona Park on 19th August. The run around the USA will be returning to NY for the day's events.
5 August the NY team visited 3 Summer Camps in the Bronx:
- St. James Recreation Center 192nd Street & Jerome Avenue (718) 822-4271
- Owen Dolen Recreation Center - East Tremont Ave at Westchester Ave (718) 822-4284
- Bronx REACH at Owen Dolen Recreation Center- East Tremont Ave (Special Needs program)
Below are the beginning report and photos of 5 August 2010
More images in gallery: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/gallery/usa/2010/offroute/0805
Links to: Other locations' reports and Photos; NY city Parks Summer Camps and Recreation Centers are at http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/unesco_year/lih_camp/nyc_rc
Program for Advance Visits
In each location one of the runners gives a short introduction. If the video equipment is available we show a short DVD video (around 6 minutes) that has been very well received.. We then have a very good discussion which includes:
* The countries the runners present on the day were originally from; How we can all feel peace and harmony
* Singing the Harmony Run song; Becoming a member of the World Harmony Run.
* Some of the other places the run is going and has been; Famous people who have held the torch.
* What can be done by each recreation center or camp before 19th August; What individual campers can do.
* Upcoming event on Aug 19th in Flushing Meadow Corona Park; and other items the Individual Camp Counselors want to cover
For the Counselors we also share:
Below are some brief comments and photos from this days events
Aug 05 - CAMP ONE - St. James Recreation Center
192nd Street & Jerome Avenue (718) 822-4271
The World Harmony Run Team arrives at ST. James Recreation Center Summer Camp.
Many questions were asked by the curious campers and answered by the Harmnoy Run Team
When everyone had the opportunity to feel that Harmony dwells deep inside of each one of us
it was so silent in the classroom.
It was much louder when we learned the movements to the World Harmony Run song;!
"We are the Oneness and Fullness of tomorrows sun".
RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, World Harmony Run.
Outside St. James is a beautiful Park and everyone ran with the Torch holder.
Later, all the children stood in line and were able to hold the Torch and make a wish for World Harmony.
One by One
and everyone together...
Thank you St. James Recreation Center, see you again on the 19th of August.
CAMP TWO- Owlen Dolen Recreation Center
The World Harmony Runners enter the Owen Dolen Recreation Center.
The campers didn`t hesitate to ask about the goals of these runners.
and how they can also spread more harmony.
Harmony is to be found first within ourselves...
then we can offer it to the world.
We watched a documentary movie about the World Harmony relay runs throughout the world. If you missed it you can see similar one here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHVce7Yp8DYM
More questions came up.
We learned the Harmony Run Theme song.
with the Choreography or movements.
RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN, WORLD HARMONY RUN.
Then we went outside and RAN
holding the Torch of World Harmony: the Owlen Dolen Staff
and all of us...
CAMP THREE - Bronx REACH at Owen Dolen Recreation Center
East Tremont Ave (Special Needs program)
Joy as we run together and try to stay with him...
Everyone wants to hold the Torch
SEE YOU in Flushing Meadow Corona park very SOON, THANK YOU
Arpan de Angelo (NYC), Belinda Eckert (Germany)
Gallery: See more images!
< USA 4 August||
USA 6 August >|
USA 5 August|